To know how to care for a parrot, we consider the following aspects important:
Choosing the right cage is essential. We could say that, if you want to know how to care for a parrot, The cage is the first thing to pay attention to. You must consider the size of the animal to choose one that can move freely.
The diet is also very important. The ideal feeding for this type of birds is the one that has a base of grain or seeds and is complemented with fruits and vegetables so that they receive all the vitamins they need.
A parrot with a full diet is a healthy and happy parrot!
Your parrot you will need to have a sepia bone or a calcium stone against which to scratch its beak to wear it If not, it could have problems at the peak.
Not only parrots, we could say that any pet must have fresh and clean water at its disposal at all times to drink when they need it.
In the case of parrots, it's not just about drinking water. The truth is that they like to wash often, so you can put a water container where they can do it themselves, or pour water with a watering can with some frequency.
(Photo via: diariodeanimales)
Cleaning the cage is essential for the parrot to feel comfortable. To clean the bottom of the cage you can use cat litter, which It will be necessary to change at least once a week.
Learn to speak
Without a doubt, one of the main attractions of parrots as a pet is that can learn to repeat words and phrases. That makes them very funny animals that make a lot of company.
By spending a little time each day, you can educate and teach your parrot to speak.
Do you already know how to care for a parrot! But this is not all, In Wakyma you will find more articles to make your new pet happy.
Keys to knowing how to care for a parrot
There are many aspects that we must take into account when caring for a parrot but there are certain keys that are main and that you cannot miss:
1. Cleaning: good hygiene is essential when take care of a parrot so that he is healthy and comfortable. You should periodically clean your cage and also the animal. Special care must be taken with parasites that may adhere and affect the legs of the parrot. It is advisable to make a daily cleaning of the cage and the hangers where the animal sits.
2. Peak wear: parrots need to gradually wear their beaks to prevent them from being too large and potentially harmful to their health. To help you, you must integrate elements with which you can help yourself.
3. Exercise: to take care of a parrot we must take into account that this one needs to perform physical activity often to be healthy, so you will need space in the cage to move and climb freely. You can also integrate toys in his cage that encourage him to move.
3. Custom: The first thing you should do when taking your parrot home is to accustom it to you and your hands. To do this you must grab it with peace of mind and offer food of your liking as a reward. Keep in mind that the younger the parrot is, the easier it will be to tame and train it.
4. training: clearly many people want to have a parrot to be able to teach them to speak. This is a process that must be done with great patience, since childhood and in which the repetition of words and the reward are essential. The ability to talk about the animal depends on its sex and species, but above all on the caregiver's way of acting.
5. Treatment: When caring for your parrot, the treatment you give it is essential for its good development. You should always treat him with love and respect and never shout or use force to try to do what you want. Doing so not only hurts the animal but you will also achieve nothing. Remember, patience and let the parrot gain confidence in you little by little.
6. Bathroom: Some parrots do not like water too much so the bathroom will be difficult or impossible. In these cases you can spray them with water gently about 3 times per week.
7. Feeding: their basic food are seeds, granules, vegetables, legumes and fruit.
Aspects we cannot forget
In addition to the keys we have named above for take care of a parrot There are other aspects that we should not forget:
1. The home that you adapt for the parrot must be a cage large enough in which it can move and fly freely.
2. The role of the cage should be changed at least every two days and to disinfect the cage you can buy one of the many products that exist for this purpose in specialized stores.
3. Locate the parrot cage in a place where you can socialize but where the temperature changes are not abrupt as this affects your health.
4. Remember to give clean, fresh water every day as well as change your food.
5. Finally, take care of the health of your parrot by taking it to the veterinarian for an initial check-up and whenever he has his claws too long or changes his plumage. Avoid cutting the claws yourself if you have no experience in it.
How to care for a parrot is a tip for Birds, and talks about Care.