How to clean your cat
Cats are very hygienic beings and can spend hours cleaning themselves, but we have to help them clean up those areas that they don't reach. We have consulted an expert and an owner to tell us their tricks. We share them with you.
Products to use
· Brush. Find a brush that you like to spend time and make him feel comfortable by your side. Mamen, a hairdresser at the Mascoteros Veterinary Center, explains that “you have to brush gently and without haste”, so that the animal does not get tired and bites you or escapes. In addition, "if we are going to bathe our animal at home, we have to untangle the hair beforehand, to prevent possible knots from caking and making it harder and more painful to remove them later." Silvia is a veterinary assistant and owner of two cats, she combs them almost every day “to remove most of the dead hairs that do not fall out. I also give them malt to help them with the hairballs. ”
· Dry shampoo. indicated for cases in which the animal has a certain reluctance to use water. Its texture is foamy and you only need a brush to remove the product. They are a very successful option.
· Bath shampoo. Choose one that matches the physical characteristics of your animal (long or short hair, color ...). "The water should be warm and the shower without much pressure so that the hairy does not panic" Mamen points out. "And never wet the kitten's head."
Nail clipper. "If we see that the nails have an extreme length it is advisable to cut them so that they do not nail them" says the expert in hairdressing and hygiene.
· Wet wipes. Do it little by little and gently, as if you were licking your cat, in this way the process will become a social interaction that will make your cat appear confident and predisposed to you to kick him. anywhere in the body, such as the intimate parts, to cool off after a walk, clean the legs when it rains.
· Products for the ears. There are cleaners, sanitary napkins and sprays for dirt, bad smell and even prevent infections.
· Eye care. We have to remove the legañas and we can do it with wipes or wet gauze. If we give that wipe a special product for eye care, it will have a correct vision and you will eliminate the annoying brown spots.
· Your teeth also have to be controlled. To prevent the formation of tartar, clean the teeth of your animal with a special brush, feed it with dry feed and give it, from time to time, a special snack to clean dentures.
Add a comment
Better clean your legs, because it's not a good idea to walk your bed with those dirty legs.
If it is a cat that gets very dirty, once every month or two months, you will have to bathe it. With a special cat shampoo, yes, not just any soap.
I would not let him walk on my bed with the legs with traces of his stool. I could have parasites and you could spread them.
The cat washes himself
The cats they are very clean animals They spend a large part of the day licking every corner of their mantle to remove dirt and tangles, so it is not surprising that they sometimes suffer the indigestion of the well-known hairballs.
These animals can stay for more than 4 hours a day washing and grooming and it is that even cats that are homeless are presumed and primed. Its tongue is rough and rough which allows to eliminate accumulated dirt in the most remote places of its fur.
In addition to the hair, cats need our help and they must also clean their eyes, ears and mouth, delicate places that are difficult for them to access.
Extreme dirt cases
If your cat has come home especially dirty you can think about washing it yourself and sometimes it is preferable to act before our pet swallow dirt for example. For these cases you have several tools that can help you prevent dirt:
- The first is the dry shampoo that you will find in any store where they have pet products. They are especially suitable for cases in which the animal has a certain reluctance to use water. Its texture is foamy and you only need a brush to remove the product. They are a very successful option.
- If we do not have time to go to buy a specific product we can, at home, try to clean it a bit with wet wipes for baby. Do it little by little and gently, as if you were licking your cat, in this way the process will become a social interaction that will make your cat appear confident and predisposed to you to kick him.
Remember that you can prevent indigestion of hairballs, slight dirt and the appearance of parasites regularly brushing your cat. Find a brush that you like to spend time and make him feel comfortable by your side.
Other body parts
As we have commented previously, there are three areas of difficult access for the cat and that is when our pet will need our help:
Clean the ears Your cat is not an easy mission and it is a hole that has very delicate parts that should not be damaged. There are specific sprays for hygiene in this area although you can also do a more superficial cleaning with gauze, consult your veterinarian how you should do it.
The eyes they must also take care of themselves and that sometimes there are legañas that we must eliminate. Simply use a gauze or a damp cloth.
Finally the mouth It is the owner's last concern. Tartar buildup is inevitable and that is why we should carry out regular cleaning using specific toothpaste for cats, offering biting toys and dry feed.
If you want to read more articles similar to What should I do to clean a cat without bathing it?We recommend that you enter our Hair Care section.