Betta fish are also known as "Siamese fighting fish." They are famous for their friendly and active character. Due to the ease of maintenance, they are said to be good for pets. Here are some recommendations for your care.
• Pond size: a large 5 gallon tank is needed if they are alone and 10 gallons if they are next to other fish. The tank must be filled up to 80% of its capacity>
• Change the water in the tank: the water in the tank can be changed once a week or every time it looks cloudy. To do this, you can replace a part of the water instead of changing it completely. Do not remove the fighting fish from the water.
• Recommended foods: must be provided with floating foods, worms, granules and dried brine shrimp.
• Compatibility with other aquatic animals: they should not be placed alongside other betta fish because they are prone to fight, hence they are known as “Siamese fighting fish”. They can live with guppies and catfish, among others.
• Compatibility with plants: no other plants that are not natural and aquatic should be placed in the pond. One of the best water plants is the evergreen Chinese, as it can adapt to the shortage of light. If the root of the plant turns brown it should be cut immediately. Do not decorate the tank with stones or marbles that could harm the fish.
• Aquarium maintenance: the tank should be cleaned regularly, preferably every week. It must be free of any residue because this fish likes clean water. Never use soap when cleaning interiors and plants because soap remains can damage and even kill betta fish. The temperature should be maintained between 78 and 82 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure the health of the fish
• Interaction: these fish recognize faces and associate them with mealtime, so you can smile from time to time, or say “hello!” To your pet.
• Health: If your betta fish gets sick, treat them with the appropriate medication, for example, antibiotics, antifungals or an antiparasitic. Some common diseases in this case are white spots or "velvet." Research with a specialist or online how to proceed to cure both diseases.
• Warnings: you should keep in mind that your pet is a responsibility, therefore, you should take some precautions, such as the state of the nitrogen cycle, since if you are a beginner and you introduce the fish before the nitrogen cycle, this I could even die. Male bettas should never be put together because they can kill each other. They are sensitive to changes in temperature, a change of 2 to 3 degrees in water can lower your immune system. You must refrain from using distilled water, as it lacks minerals and nutrients that are very necessary for its survival. Never keep them in a small deposit.
In general it is a tough fish, it is said that it can survive in adverse conditions, but this is no reason to keep them in unfortunate conditions. In order to cu>